The status of national authority in the field of hydrography requires close cooperation with other institutions whose field of activity is related to life at sea and the judicious use of the resources it offers.
At national level, the Maritime Hydrographic Directorate has concluded collaboration protocols with:
- Romanian Naval Authority (ANR);
- National Institute for Marine Research and Development (INCDM) "Grigore Antipa"
- National Institute for Research and Development on Marine Geology and Geo-ecology – GeoEcoMar
- Competent Authority for the Regulation of Offshore Oil Operations on the Black Sea
- Romanian Space Agency ROSA
- National Research-Development Institute for Earth Physics - INCDFP